Some of the most notable benefits of outpatient drug and alcohol rehab include:
- Option to live at home
- More cost-effective than an inpatient program
- Increased autonomy compared to inpatient treatment, which proves to be instrumental in continued sobriety after the program is completed
- Ability to be flexible with a daily schedule
- Option to continue attendance in school, work, and other commitments
- An effective way to treat mild drug and alcohol addiction
The benefits above outline the primary reasons why someone would choose to enter into an outpatient rehab program. From flexibility to daily freedom, this option is perfect for those who have either completed an inpatient program or are confident in their ability to stick to sobriety in this treatment method.
Some may participate in outpatient treatment without going through an inpatient program. It is advisable to work with an addiction professional to determine if this is the appropriate treatment course for a successful recovery.